1. The Atlantic City Aquarium is hands down one of the finest family attractions around, boasting a large variety of exotic sea life. The jewel of the crown is the massive 25,000 gallon "Fish of the Mid-Atlantic" tank, along with 17 other tanks burgeoning with fishy-related wildlife. The excellent "Dive and Dine" show allows you the sight of professionally trained divers swimming alongside nurse sharks. The audience is encourage to get involved with an interactive Q&A section throughout the show. Furthermore, the interactive element is extended via the "Touch Tank" opportunities, so guests can feel and stroke the creatures situated in a shallow tank, including sea urchins and crabs. Kids can also enjoy an Arts and Crafts section, where they can make glittering pieces of art utilizing neon and glow-in-the-dark paints.
2. Made famous by HBO's gripping "Boardwalk Empire" TV show, the Atlantic City Boardwalk is an iconic piece of Americana that everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime. Be it during the day or in the evening, the bustling experience should be savored. The variety of food on offer is astounding, and the shopping is superlative. Home to the Central Pier Arcade and Speedway, it supplies opportunities for paintball and go kart racing. There is also a mind-boggling abundance of novelty coin slot machines, as well as traditional seaside boardwalk fare such as skeeball and basketball hoops that give out tickets for furry animal toy prizes.
3. Worthy of a spot of its very own on this list, the Duality 3-D Light and Sound show in front of the Convention Hall is fantastic, especially for free! Additionally, the special Fourth of July fireworks display is a definite draw for tourists.
4. For AC visitors that want to explore the sea, Atlantic City Cruises and Captain Mike's Highroller Fishing gives you many choices. Ships scheduled to set off in the morning give an educationally edifying tour of the city's history and the story of its legendary shoreline. Furthermore, booking a place on the 1pm "Dolphin Watching Adventure" is a necessity, where marine naturalists show you the local dolphins gleefully leaping from the swirling waters.
5. Located just over a mile away from Ventnor Pier, the Atlantic City Mini Golf course is an amusing place to spend a little time relaxing with 18 holes of silly putting fun.
6. The infamous Ripley's "Believe It or Not" museum affords a few wacky hours of zaniness that this attraction has become world-renowned for. Although young infants might find some aspects of the venue a little too frightening, the somewhat scary creepiness holds genuine appeal to numerous engrossed teen spectators.
For those with older offspring, the Pier Shops at Caesars are a splendid way to waste a few spare hours, and the Revel, the Borgata Casino and the Caesars Atlantic City Casino all offer sights and sounds to beguile and entertain.